Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display settings of walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HFB
Participant
536 Views, 3 Replies

Display settings of walls

Hi, I have a project that I modelling steel walls that are 7, 12, 14 and 16 mm thick. I want to be able to display the walls in certain views with two solid lines with 50mm distance and a hidden line in between (center of wall). This is the way the client is used to drawing the walls on certain drawings and I dont want to change the walls all to 50 mm walls and just have the name of the wall type to diffirent the thicknesses. I basically want the 3D model to be correct but be able to use the corse, medium, fine detail level to control how the walls are displaed on my views like I can do with my beams and columns. Is this possible for walls?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
5kings
in reply to: HFB

Maybe you can enable the analytical line in the wall. this is the core lie of the wall. Not sure if you can change the linetype to hidden tho. 

Regards, Jordi

Message 3 of 4
HFB
Participant

One idea is to use a beam family that is only visible in the plan view and lock that to the walls. That way I can control the thickness in the plan view without changing the wall thickness. And my 3D model will be correct. But it would be nice if I could controll this for the walls.
Message 4 of 4
5kings

You want your 3D model to be correct. In my opion the best way is to create a detail component and lock it to the wall. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report