Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut geometry on groups

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DagoGarza-WPM
2101 Views, 8 Replies

Cut geometry on groups

I have a canopy truss with a few "cut geometry" conditions.  This truss is repetitive, so I created a "Group" and copied it to the other locations where it applies.  The copies of the truss do not include the "cut geometry" from the original truss I created.  When I try cutting geometry on one of the copies, the original loses its cut geometry. How do I fix this? Is there a solution or do groups just won't carry the "cut geometry" conditions at all.  If kinda defeats the purpose of creating a group for the truss if the cut geometry doesn't work. See image attached, cut geometry happens at the tip of the canopy truss. Suggestions? 

Thank You,

Viper

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Running into the same problem. Need to trim mullion ends at extreme convex angle condition, very repetitive on many floors. Cannot use wall end hosted family for curtain walls, so..... help!

Message 3 of 9

I am also facing the same problem.

Please solve.

Message 4 of 9
twebb4CYQY
in reply to: DagoGarza-WPM

I have the same issue always.  I use the group to copy them around easily, then break and cut geometry to trim them all up.  Overall, the issue is that the truss members don't join and finish properly in the first place.

Message 5 of 9
asc
Explorer
in reply to: DagoGarza-WPM

I also experience the same issue with group of timber beams. The beams are cut by reference planes but even if I make a new copy or modify the group, the cuts do not come along. 

Is there any workaround, that I have not thought of?

-If I use the cope tool, I do not get the wished form of trimming. 
-If I remake the cut on each group - beside it takes time - after some the first ones lose their cut. Though have not found the pattern yet.

Message 6 of 9
asc
Explorer
in reply to: asc

Update: in my case "cut by face" could do the work as well. Still interested in the solution, though

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: asc

Did you include the reference plane when you created the group?

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 9
asc
Explorer
in reply to: ToanDN

No, I did not. Do you think that would solve this issue? (I have already work towards with "cut by face")

Message 9 of 9
vgritsak93
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the tip, Saving the "cut" reference plane in the group will preserve the cuts when the group gets copied over.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report