Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing the beam elevation tag

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kevms
1286 Views, 3 Replies

customizing the beam elevation tag

Hello All

I am not sure if i am repeating a common question, but i was wondering if someone can help guide me in the right direction.

I want to add some lines in the shape of a half moon around the beam elevation annotation tag. I tried editing the annotation family in the project browser but when i did, i only seen the shape of either cross hair, filled or targeted. i can't remember but i think i saw a post with a similar subject with a member that had starting point for this.

Can someone try to direct me to the file that i can modify?

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: kevms

So you need to open a new spot elevation family from the library and then save it under another name once it is edited and then upload it to your open project.

Here is a video with sounds that shows how to 

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/17799f2c-1330-45d8-98b7-c55fbcc167db

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 4
kevms
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Hi thanks for the video but that is not quite what i was looking for. i forgot to indicate earlier that i want to modify the spot elevation in plan. see the attached jpeg. this is pretty standard in structural. i would like to be able to have the size of the half moon change with the elevation as well as placing it either side of the beam and have flip automatically but that can be down the road right how i want to change the tag.

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
Message 4 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: kevms

The Video I just added shows how to modify the symbol of a spot elevation, but you will end up having 4 types since text stays above or below so you need to create one for above and one for below and also create for horizontal and vertical

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/f6a40e8b-9ba9-442a-9e9d-9a29e9a91b32

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report