Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved Beams

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kevms
4612 Views, 6 Replies

Curved Beams

Hello All

I need some help as I have never done this before.

I  was wondering if you someone could tell me how to create a curved beam in either section or elevation. I was reading someone created one along a path but I don't know how to do that. I am using RST 2012. I am hoping that someone can guide me in the right direction. The architect has is shown on their drawings but this all new territory to me.

All help and suggestions welcome.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: kevms

Start the beam tool. In the ribbon (close to the right), there is a box with a bunch of different lines called the "Draw Gallery".

Note that the default is a straight line.

Chose one of the curves, and start sketching.

To create a vertically curved beam, switch to an elevation or section view, and do the same.

Joe

Message 3 of 7
DRamirez

If the architect already has them in their model, and it is linked into your model.  Couldn't you try Copy-monitor?  Or you can copy and paste to same place.

Message 4 of 7
kevms
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Hi, the first time and several times after that, the arc option in the draw gallery would not be available for some reason. after kicking my computer and work on something else for a while. it seemed to become available and was able to draw the beam on a arc. (mental note: make sure you have a reference plan to draw on)

Thanks Joe

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin
Message 5 of 7
kevms
in reply to: DRamirez

DRamirezSSA

That thought never occured to me. Even though I have already drawn the framing, I am going go back and give the copy/monitor option a try. thanks.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin
Message 6 of 7
DRamirez

Giving it some further thought, I am not certain if you can copy-monitor them in.  But you can copy-paste for sure, when you select the link tab through to get the beam(s) you want and past to same place.  There are only certain items you can bring in with copy-monitor feature

Message 7 of 7
DanQuang90
in reply to: DRamirez

Hello everybody,

When i transfer my model from RS to RSAP, my curve beams are divided too small, is there any way to change the division? Please show me!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report