Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Family Parameter that resets itself when the family is copied

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
giobro
274 Views, 1 Reply

Create a Family Parameter that resets itself when the family is copied

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a Family Parameter that reset itself when the family is copied (like the Mark field that gets blank when). I will use it mainly for structural framings (beams) and ideally walls.

I want to besure that the Engineers will insert a text in it and it has to be empty to be spotted.

Thanks

Giovanni

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: giobro

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Not exactly. You can set an Instance Parameter to be a default value in the Family, and that will be the default value for new elements of that Type in the Project. If this Instance Parameter is already defined in your Family in the Project, you cannot overwrite the default value, unfortunately.

Also, if one is placing an element, one can change an Instance Parameter's value under Properties prior to the element's placement. Doing so will establish the newly inputted value as the new default, which will shoot your ambitions down. This value is reset back to the proper default value upon activation of the Create Similar tool.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report