Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy paste walls to slected levels

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DParkRMAK
1401 Views, 3 Replies

Copy paste walls to slected levels

When copying walls to slelected levels the walls do not always copy to the selected levels. It seems that when a top constraint is defined it copies the walls to the current level. Is this supposed to be like this? Am I supposed to not use top constraints when copying walls to different levels?

edit: Sometimes it has worked for me to remove the top constraint but not always. Does copy to selected levels not work when in a plan view? It wored in section.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: DParkRMAK

I tried to re-create your situation. I modeled a 6" tall concete curb at the Foundation Level (bottom constraint as the Foundation Level and top constraint as the Foundation Level with a 6" height offset) where I attached the top of this "wall" to a metal deck approximately 12' above it. As expected, the top of the modeled wall extended to the underside of the metal deck. I copied and pasted this wall to a Roof Level directly 35' above. the wall appeared with the bottom of the wall at the Roof Level and the top of the modeled wall 6" above the Roof Level as per the defined Instance Parameters from the original wall. All this was done in plan view. It looks like what you are doing is possible in Revit - the top constraints will be maintained, but just modified relative to the Level that the wall is being pasted on. Not sure if this helps you, but maybe it provides some comfort in knowing what you are trying to do should be possible.

Message 3 of 4
DParkRMAK
in reply to: gguevarra

Thanks for your input. I don't know what the deal is. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it doesn't. I have been working on a few 3-5 story multi- family buildings lately where 2 or more floors are identical and I end up with all the walls piling up on the floor they were copied from unless I remove the top constraints. Maybe it is too many walls at once? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Message 4 of 4
DParkRMAK
in reply to: DParkRMAK

OK, I experimented with this again in Revit structure 2015. It seems to depend on which level you are on. If I want to copy columns placed on level 1  to levels 2&3, it works as expected when you are on level 1. Often, when I am working on level 2, I want to copy columns below from level 1 to level 2&3 etc. If I am on level 2 I have to copy to level 3 if I want to copy them to level 2, level 4 to copy to level 3 etc. This just seems kind of odd to me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report