Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy monitor

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1587 Views, 12 Replies

copy monitor

The curtain wall openings in the architects model are not being copied in to the structural model. Is there a setting I can change.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

did you mean there is opening in a curtin wall and when you copy monitor the wall it gives you a full wall without an opening?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

You need to change the opening option in Copy monitor under Wall tab

opning.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

That check box is marked, and the openings are still not being copied. Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Which revit version are you using and which update version is installed? 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I am using "Building Design Suite Premium 2015" and I recently installed R2 update. Some of the door openings are being copied, however most none of the window openings are coping.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I changed the Architectural curtain walls to structural, and then I was able to copy/monitor those into the structural model.

Message 8 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

This is working as expected based on the curtain wall type properties.

The difference is a type parameter (of the Curtain Wall) called Automatically Embed:

cutwall.png

The Curtain Wall type has this unchecked by default.

The Curtain Wall 1 type has this checked by default.

This controls if a curtain wall will automatically cut the host wall. Otherwise you need to manually use the Cut Geometry tool to do this on an instance by instance basis.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Your solutiion did not solve anything. I changed the curatian wall setting in the structural model, and the opening are still not copying. The only way to get the curatin wall openings to copy/monitor is to set them as structural bearing walls. Which of course they are not a bearing wall, however I need the openings to copy/monitor without having to cut in the opening myself, because then it is not linked to the archtectural model. Let me know if there are any other fixes.

Message 10 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Select the curtain wall in the project
Edit Type
Check Automatically embed
Hit escape 
go to copy monitor options
Under Wall Tab, Select Curtain wall new type
Here is a video 
https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/e9eb8b2c-b8be-487a-b764-b18ec4682ca5

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

It worked! Thank you so much for all your help. The video really did the trick.

Message 12 of 13
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Smiley Wink you are welcome

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I have gone through the details. Unfortunately in my case, when I copy the architectural wall, it copies without door and window openings.

when I put a check mark in option of copy door/window/opening, it copies wall opening only. If I get the check mark, it copies wall without opening.

could anyone let me know what is missing in my case. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report