Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coping & Connection problems!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
623 Views, 2 Replies

Coping & Connection problems!

Hi! Does anyone here know where I might find some legitimate online tutoring or support for Revit Structural. The books & tutorials on line just don't go deep enough into structural detailing in regards to coping & beam connections. I've tried autodesk support but that is a real hassle with the "Chronicle" Video creatiion & uploading plus I'm not sure my clients would appreciate there work being viewed by anyone online.
Any ideas anyone!
Thanks!
Paul Rymal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tkunsman
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

Are you trying to model the beam copes and connections in 3D? If so Revit is not your best option for this and you should look into SDS/2 or Tekla for better solutions. Modeling of these things in 3D CAN be done, but requires tons of custom families with lots of trial and error based solely on what other have posted on this subject.

Detailing of these items in 2D drafting or even using Detail Components in top of live sections from the model can be done. As for better online, have you searched YouTube on this subject? It might not go into the level of detail you are looking for, but there is some good basic videos that might give you some better insight.

Message 3 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: tkunsman

Long time since I posted this. Thanks for reply. Agreed SDS/2, Strucad, Xsteel etc. not spending $30,000.00 + to detail connections. Revits struc detailing add on is useless.
I have long given up on this.
Paul

Paul Rymal
(780)634-5303

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report