Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cope multiple members in a beam system

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DParkRMAK
940 Views, 1 Reply

Cope multiple members in a beam system

Hi, I have a roof that extends over a triangular porch. I created a beam system that fits the shape and I need to cut the LVL rafters in the beam system to notch around an HSS. The angle is skewed so I set up a section perpendicular to the end of the HSS and I have made in in place extrusion to cut the rafters but it will not let me cut them. I simply can not select the extrusion as the cutting object. I tried an in place void extrusion and it wont let me create it because there is no solid geometry in the in place model. I tried the cope tool and, again, it wont let me select the extrusion.

Does this just not work at all in a beam system? It seems like I will have to create all the rafters in an in place model along with a void so I can cut them.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I have attached a screen shot to show what I am trying to accomplish.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DParkRMAK
in reply to: DParkRMAK

The only thing that seems to work is the opening by face tool but I have to apply the opening to each rafter. There has to be abetter way or there needs to be a better way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report