Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Revit Files to Step Files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
McCauley
13179 Views, 4 Replies

Converting Revit Files to Step Files

I have a request from a fabricator to send them STEP files so that they can import my 3D model into thier software to aid them in the detailing process. How does one convert a revit file to a step file?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: McCauley

revit doesn't export to step files only fbx, dxf, dwg, dgn, acis(sat) file formats

this is in revit 2013

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
nccaddie
in reply to: DarrenP

Suppose one still needs to geberate step files from Revit and an intermediate format is necessary.  What would be the best course of action?

Dave 

Message 4 of 5
jmacklin

Dave,

I am currently trying to figue out the best way to do this as well. Seems like exporting a Revit model via .sat format into Inventor is a possibility. Once in Inventor you can export as .stp. I have no feed back as to whether this will give the desired results as of yet.

Josh

Message 5 of 5
flabbins

A good way to achieve this is to export from Revit an FBX file. Import the FBX into Rhino, then export the STP file out of Rhino.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report