Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete in Elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alexhoch
733 Views, 2 Replies

Concrete in Elevation

Can Revit Structure correctly show concrete edges correctly in elevation without manual manipulation?

We are new to revit. In our model there are edge beams at the perimeter of the floors. When we elevate the edges there is a solid line between the underside of the slab and the top of the beam like revit doesn't recognise they are one monolithic piece of concrete. In most instances the beams join correctly in plan and the slab soffit is correctly indicated by dotted lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Hoch 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lzaras1
in reply to: alexhoch

I'm not sure I completely understand your question...  (I tried to replicate your situation to see if I could help you.)

But a couple of things to consider:

1.  Make sure the concrete material used in your beams is the same concrete material used in your floor.

2.  I didn't have a problem in elevation, but found a similar issue in section when my Detail Level is set at Coarse.  Make sure you have your Detail level set to fine or medium.

3.  Try to Join geometry if your beams and slab are not joined.  Modify> Geometry Panel> Join.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 3
kylenelson3113
in reply to: alexhoch

When we have an individual pier use put it in as a concrete round column. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report