Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Columns & Walls

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gertvandermerwe123
2207 Views, 5 Replies

Concrete Columns & Walls

If one has a concrete column that is cutting through a concrete wall the column does not show correctly it disapears into the wall and only shows the part af the column that is outside the wall but he part of the column that is inside the wall joins with wall. We have been able to manually fix it be unjoining the columns from the walls and changing the view properties which works from time to time but not as good as it should be. My question is there a way to let the columns have priority over the walls and not to let the walls cut through the columns but rather let the columns display unjoined so to speak at all times. At the moment I have given the columns a solid hatch pattern and have tried to let the walls be architectural non-load bearing but I have structural discipline view setting and the walls dissapear when I change it to a architectural wall. Please can anyone help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Arnu84
in reply to: gertvandermerwe123

Hi Gert.

Maby try to attach an example of how it looks...then we can better understand..

Ek neem aan jy is afrikaans...?

Cheers

Message 3 of 6

Spoiler

Go to styles, display properties , check style overide, other, check component draw order by priority.

Message 4 of 6
bear52
in reply to: biju_KK

This seems like great advice but I seem to be having a problem on following your progression .  I am using Revit 2015. 

Message 5 of 6

try to assign different material to columns and walls. Still concrete but with different name / grade

Message 6 of 6

Hello, i hope I understand you correctly? You can try this pick your column > edit column family > untick joint geometry to the walls > reload to your column family into your project > delete your existing column and change with your new modified column. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report