Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound Sloped Roof

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rmitchell
1594 Views, 5 Replies

Compound Sloped Roof

I am trying to create a roof that, in effect is first sloped 2:12 in an east/west direction. That sloped piece is then sloped 2:12 in the N/S direction. When I set up the second slope-defining edge, Revit seems to want to put a bend in the roof plate whereas I want it to remain a single flat plate. Any ides how to go about this?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: rmitchell

What version of Revit are you using?

Instead of a roof, you could try doing this with a Shape-edited slab.

Joe
Message 3 of 6
rmitchell

Thanks for replying. I am using v. 2009. I haven't tried it as a slab, but that was something I had considered after looking at some of the other posts here. It just seem that this was something that should be fairly simple. Revit, however seems to not want to let me do the sloping in steps. It adds the two slope defining edges together and then conforms the roof to meet those parameters.
Message 4 of 6
rmitchell

I tried using a slab defined as 1 1/2" deck. When I attempt the second slope, Revit returns an error message, "There is more than one slope defined". It will not let me continue. Granted, I'm pretty new at this. Is there something I'm missing?
Message 5 of 6
jbrazier

Did you try sloping from corner to opposite corner using the slope arrow tool? Place the TAIL at the N/E corner and the HEAD at the S/W corner and set your elevations as necessary.
Jon Brazier
Director of Production Technology
O'Donnell & Naccarato
Philadelphia, Pa.
Message 6 of 6
Joe.Charpentier

Don't use a slope arrow. Use a shape modifier on the slab.
There should be something in the help to explain it.

Let me just make sure I understand correctly:
Every edge of the roof slopes 2:12. If the roof was 12' square, the higher parallel edge would always be 2' above the lower one. Is that correct?

See the attached image.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report