Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite Deck Profile not showing in *some* sections.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lzaras1
3802 Views, 4 Replies

Composite Deck Profile not showing in *some* sections.

If I cut a section along a floor slab (6 1/4" concrete slab with 3" composite metal deck,) I'm having an issue seeing the metal deck profile.

Yesterday the section looked and printed fine.  Today, all I'm getting is the top 3 1/4" of concrete, with no metal deck.  If I cut another section within the same slab and move it around, SOMETIMES the deck profile will show up, sometimes it wont. There are other places, on another piece of the same type slab where the profile is showing correctly.

Sometimes, when we drag the crop boundaries in the section up to capture the next floor, the deck profile may or may not show there, also.  I cannot determine the extents of the misbehavior, so I'm having a difficult time getting it to stop.

In my section(s) I've turned off all attached architectural and mechanical links.  I've set my discipline to Structural.  There are no shafts that seem to be cutting my slab at these sections.  I've cut sections perpendicular to the misbehaving section(s) and the deck show in elevation.  I've gone back to the floor plan and edited the floor slab to make sure I had the deck span in the correct direction.  I'm really hitting my head on a wall here...

(Also, and I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue in my model, in my section I'm seeing a stray line.  Though when I click on it, it says it's Floor: 3" metal roof deck.  I *do* have roof deck within this floor plate, but it's beyond my troublesome slab and my section cut is not cutting the roof deck AT ALL.  I don't know why I'm getting a line (of roof deck) showing up in my section. I'm starting to think there are gremlins in my model.  😉 )

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
browncroft
in reply to: lzaras1

I am having the same mystifying, inconsistent issue with a number of composite floor decks. The only solution that I've come up with (simply to allow us to continue working with numerous decks showing incorrectly) is to modify the boundary of the slab to be say, 1/256" different in one direction or the other. The project units' rounding then allows the slab edges to be correctly dimensioned. 

Message 3 of 5
lzaras1

Wow!  Old post, but since you stumbled upon it, you must still be having issues.

My original issue had to deal with a slab which, in plan view, was kind of an "L" shape and the foot of the "L" had a curved side. 

What solved my issue was to cut the slab up into smaller, more rectangular shapes.  Then, along the edge that was curved, I tried to cut that into smaller portions that allowed the deck in the sections to show as preferred.  The one large floor plate slab was essentially cut into 5 or 6 smaller, more rectangular pieces.  Revit was much happier with that.  😉  If I recall, because the slabs were of the same type, the edge lines seemed to disappear, making them look as one monolithic slab.  If edge lines ~did~ appear in plan view, I just used the linework tool to set them as "invisible."

HTH anybody else that stumbles upon this issue. 

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 4 of 5
flame_grrl2001

Also, make sure the view detail level is set to at least Medium. The slab profiles do for composite decks do not show up in the view if the detail level of the view is on coarse.

Message 5 of 5
ykp4

It might be just Span Direction issue. If the section cut is parallel to the span direction, it should appear the metal deck profile. But if it is in a different direction, It will just appear straight and dotted lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report