Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Floor Plans to structural plans

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Barryfisher
12117 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Floor Plans to structural plans

I currently have a project where i need to change a Floor Plan to a structural plan.

The floor plan is not associated to a level so i can't do this by View - Plan Views - Structural, i think the Floor Plan has been duplicated from another and the name changed.

This cannot be done by just changing the discipline either. I can create a new Structural Plan and then copy all the details over but this will still leave me some work to do.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Barry Fisher

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Barryfisher

Sorry for the delay of response...

Barryfisher wrote:

"I currently have a project where i need to change a Floor Plan to a structural plan.

The floor plan is not associated to a level so i can't do this by View - Plan Views - Structural, i think the Floor Plan has been duplicated from another and the name changed..."

I'm not certain I'm following 100%, but one cannot change a Floor Plan into a Structural Plan. If you go to View tab » Plan Views Structural Plan and the desired Level does not appear in the list, then uncheck the box "Do not duplicate existing views" at the bottom.

Also, when a new View is created by this means, it adopts the Level's name as its own (provided that it is available). If this View is renamed, Revit will prompt you and ask if you would like to also rename the corresponding Levels, which could mean the Level was renamed if anyone hit "Yes".

Barryfisher wrote:

"...This cannot be done by just changing the discipline either. I can create a new Structural Plan and then copy all the details over but this will still leave me some work to do..."

By "leave me some work to do", are you referring to reconfiguring the View's Properties and Visibility settings? If so, then you could create a View Template from your Floor Plan and apply it to your Structural Plan.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
hanslammerts
in reply to: CoreyDaun

So the conclusion here is that there is (still) no way to turn a floorplan into a structural plan?

Message 4 of 4

Yes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report