Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit structural slab profile in plan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1600 Views, 3 Replies

Can't edit structural slab profile in plan

Hey guys,

So far I'm having no luck figureing out went has gone wrong and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight here.

I'm trying to place a bunch of structural slab on the third floor of my drawing and I can't get the slab to show up on the third floor, nor can I edit it. Even if i do a straight up copy from the second floor it dosen't work. It's kind of driving me crazy since I can place slab on floor 1-2, and then 4-7, my only issue is the 3rd floor. ANy suggestions or ideas? An error keeps popping up as shown in the attached png, not to sure what it's trying to get me to do. I've fiddled with view range and depth to no avail (i hardly understand how to make it work).

Thanks in Advance,

-Amanda

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lzaras1
in reply to: Anonymous

Amanda,

I know how frustrating this can be.  We've all been there.  😉

Pay attention to what your error message is saying.  If this is a workshared file, or somebody else has had access to it, maybe somebody else working in the file has added a Plan Region.  Those can have different a view range from the rest of your plan.  Check your Visibility/Graphics and make sure the floors haven't been turned off in this view.  Maybe somebody hid the floor in the view (check the little lightbulb at the bottom of your screen ... if you can find the slab {it'll be red} you can right-click and "Unhide in View.")  Maybe a Filter is causing the floor to be off?  There are many reasons...

There is a very useful post on another Revit Forum that lists 33 items to check when your Revit model doesn't seem to be showing what you had hoped.  I always refer back to it when I'm really struggling, trying to find my items.  It seems like a long, painful list; however, when I go through it, and really pay attention to what the list is asking me to try, I can usually find my missing item.

HTH

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lzaras1

Thank you very much for the link Leanne. I've yet to be able to solve my particular problem but some of the tips have help a few of our other guys in the office. I'll keep playing around with it and hopefully figure this mess out.

No one but me has been in the file so it shouldn't be a workshare issue from what I can tell (I have no idea what a plot region is). In VG floors are shown so it's not that either. You by chance wouldn't know a good source of information on how to understand view range by chance would you? I can't seem to wrap my head around whats happening with that and it's frustrating having this I don't want showing up and things I do want not showing up. No offence by Revit help file sucks.

Thanks again.

-Amanda

Message 4 of 4
lzaras1
in reply to: Anonymous

View Range posts... Hope these help:

http://paulaubin.com/blog/revit-view-range/

http://revitoped.blogspot.ca/2012/03/view-range-redux.html

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report