Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Linetype

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dve.reber
1527 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Change Linetype

I hate to ask a question that has undoubtedly been asked a million times, but after 2 hours, I can't make any visible changes to my floor plan's linework, so I thought I might make this post.

I am quite new to Revit Structure and working in file that I have received from an architect. I have created a workset for myself and moved all of the structural elements onto that workset.

Then, I found this helpful list showing Revit's Visibility Hirearchy:

Revit gives the user a number of ways to override the display of an element. It may not always be clear which method “wins” over another method, but there is a visibility hierarchy. This list may not cover every possible scenario but does include common overrides.
10 being the lowest and 1 being the highest using walls as an example:

1. Line Work Tool
2. Override Graphics in View > By Element > Halftone
3. Graphic Display Options – Silhouette Edges
4. Override Graphics in View > By Element
5. View Filters
6. View Depth – “Beyond” Line Style
7. Phasing Graphic Overrides
8. Visibility / Graphic Overrides > Override Host Layers > Cut Line Styles
9. Visibility / Graphic Overrides > Projection \ Cut Lines
10. Project Object Styles

Pasted from http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/revit-visibility-hierarchy.html

So by this logic, if I make a change with the "Line Work Tool", it should change the line.

So I go to my structural floor plan click "modify" click "Line Work Tool" under "View" and now the ribbon turns greenish and I can't make any changes.

Any idea what is wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dve.reber
in reply to: dve.reber

Man I wish I could edit this...
Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dve.reber

Hello, and welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

What version of Revit are you using?

Yep, there a short window of time in which you can edit your post. If you wish to clarify or add to it, reply to that post and use the Quote tool, and explain there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report