Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a beam cut the fill of a floor?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2576 Views, 5 Replies

Can a beam cut the fill of a floor?

Hello all,

the pattern of my floor always fills the area between the boundary line of my beams. In autocad there was a beautiful commando: draw order, is there  such a thing in Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TJR-Sundt
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using the Switch Join Order under the Modify tab?

Join Order.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TJR-Sundt

Hi,

sorry for the late reaction, i've had a vacantion for two weeks 🙂

excually i meant something else, with a beam of steel placed in the floor, the fill pattern of concrete should be cut by the beam. 

i've attached another example of what i meant.

Message 4 of 6
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Not exactly sure how this works, but I think for one family to cut another, the cutting family has to have an unattached void in it, and it has to have the family property "Cut with voids when loaded" turned on.

So you would have to edit the beam family, creating a void just like the beam with the same dimensional parameters/constraints (but don't have it cut the beam itself...the beam and the void should just occupy exactly the same space), turn that property on, and then load it back into your project with updated parameters.

At that point your new beam will cut any floor you place it into automatically. But it still won't cut floor you place afterwards unless you manually use the "cut geometry" tool. That tool will tell a new floor to have itself cut by the previously placed beam.

I think.

xtn

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Yeah i'm familiar with that method, but i dont want to change my entire liberary of beams! 😞 

So i hoped that there was something like dwarorder, but obvious not..

Thanks anyway!

Message 6 of 6

you saved a lot of sleep for me tonight

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report