Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Section Breaks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArthurMacLeod5818
1744 Views, 2 Replies

Building Section Breaks

I am having a problem with breaking of section cuts. In particular the Building Sections. I cannot get the section line to break. If I make a new one in the same place of the plan view it too will not break. If I make one away form the area, I can get it to break. Any ideas?

Arthur

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I have recorded a short video for you about how you can break the section line into segments: http://screencast.com/t/PijUQkz5BP

What you need to do is to select the section line, activate the command "Split segment" and then  click onto the points of the section line where you would like to get the break. At the next selection of the line you will see "grabbing arrows"; with the help of this arrows you can drag the segments into the appropriate position.

With this methode you can put  "overlapping" section lines on the same place as well.

Hope this way you can create the appropriate section. Please let me know if you need further assistance; if you have thought on a different issue.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Perhaps there is something corrupt in the view.  Have you tried applying a view template to reset the view settings or Duplicating the View with Detailing?  What is the section cutting thru...for model object.  Double check the view range/depth...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report