Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to work from home?????

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
goodjp
844 Views, 3 Replies

Best way to work from home?????

Ok we are working on a project in the office, just two of us. We have enabled worksharing. Now i work at home sometimes. Is there any way where I can work at home while my partner is working on the project in the office?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
5kings
in reply to: goodjp

Without the use of a server. I leave my computer in the office running and enable remote desktop. Works like a charm. Smiley Happy

regards! Jordi

Message 3 of 4
lzaras1

Currently, ditto to Jordi above.  Though, it's slow and clunky.

The firm I used to work at had extra computers set up in the IT room to use as remote servers.  We would log onto those and the work was much smoother and quicker.  I'm not an IT person, so I'm not sure what all went into the setup, but it was a much better experience.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 4 of 4
AJA14

To work offline would be working at your own risk. I would advice you to create 2 different worksets and check out yours so that your teammate cannot modify any elements you plan to work on. If in case there are other areas you need to work on and are not in your workset then you would be working at your own risk, because if there are any changes, you won't be able to synchronize and all your changes would be lost. A good way is to have your teammate change his username to yours, open the central, create a new workset, place the elements you need in it, save and close, and change back to his username. That way you both would be sure no interference occurs. Good luck.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report