Revit Structure

gabecottam1
Message 1 of 3 (456 Views)

Beams not visible

456 Views, 2 Replies
07-10-2008 04:40 PM
I have some beams that do not show up in plan view even though they are well within the view range for that plan view. Some beams are visible and some are not - it appears to have something to do with their height, but as stated the view range should easily encompass them all. Any thoughts?
Active Contributor
Jchap
Message 2 of 3 (456 Views)

Re: Beams not visible

07-21-2008 02:47 PM in reply to: gabecottam1
i had a similar situation, a high and low roof but i wanted to see both on the same roof plan. what i did was create a plan region and change my view range in tah plan region.
i don't know if this is what you are looking for? hope it helps
cgallen916
Message 3 of 3 (456 Views)

Re: Beams not visible

07-25-2008 08:36 AM in reply to: gabecottam1
I just had this same problem today.
Go into your 3D view, or cut a section where you know you have a beam (but it's not showing up) and select the beam and view the element properties. In the element properties for the beam, go to the bottom into Beam Properties/analytical model/ and vertical projection. This was set to the wrong level. I had to go and select all of my beams and either set it to 'auto-detect' or the level that you want your beam(s) to show up on.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!