Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam is automatically extended

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JSHARIEF
464 Views, 1 Reply

Beam is automatically extended

I am using Autodesk Revit Structure 2011.

In one of my company's project, two drop beams (20x80cm each) & two hidden beams (120x32cm each) are intersecting in a column with each drop beam is perpendicular to each other. The hidden beam is also perpendicular to each other. Each drop beam is align with each hidden beam c/c.

I will draw each drop beam from one end of beam upto the column where those 4-beams are intersecting each other. Then I will draw each hidden beam from one end of beam upto the column where those 4-beam intersect. After drawing those hidden beam, the 2 drop beams will automatically extended upto the edge of hidden beam, making a short cantiliver within the half width of hidden beam.

When the Architect saw this short cantiliver, he told me to remove because he don't like those drop beam. I am trying to remove but I fail. Anybody can give me an advise how can I remove those?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: JSHARIEF

The join between concrete beams is controlled partially by the order that the beams are added to the join, however, the rules are mostly automatic.

You may be able to change the join by dragging a beam end away from the join and then dragging it back in.

Maybe you can post a picture and/or a small section of the model so we can see what the exact configuration is?

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report