Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad models and revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
303 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad models and revit

Hi,

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I have a client who is using the mechanical version of revit on a project and is looking for a 3d model of the building we designed. We do not hav revit but can probably reproduce it (painfully) using Autocad 2009. My question is will a 3d wireframe model suffice or is it necessary to produce a solid 3d model? I have limited knowledge and use of the 3d features in autocad and don't want to waste too much time on this, it's predominantly a steel structure. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

If you created your steel structure in one of a structural programs that have the direct link with Revit you can try to use this link to export the model to Revit.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Do you mean as in File-Export?

I am using autocad 2009, I tried that and it appears not to have any options similar to your suggestion....

Chris

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski

I assumed that by design of the building you meant that you actually used some structural software such as e.g. Robot, ETABS, RAM, RISA etc. where you created its 3D model.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report