Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 3D solids to Revit Family

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Duncan_Radband
363 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad 3D solids to Revit Family

Hey all,

I'm currently setting up a Revit Family for work. However, this is my first family and I need a few pointers:

First off the current family models were made from a few 3D Models that were imported to AutoCAD following this method: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autode...highlight/true (I used Method 1)

Does a Revit Family work as individual files or as one large file. My guess would be the former.

How should I best set up a Revit family?

How do I add information such as a Part Number?

Any other advise you can give me is appreciated. While I can't post pictures or the like I can try and answer your question the best I can.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Very simply put a family is one file with parameters added into it which can change its details.

Parameters can be a set value or changeable depending on how each parameter has been created. I would suggest adding the part number by creating a "Part Number" TYPE parameter in the family.

In regards to how best to set up the family it really depends on what the family is, what you need it to do and how it's going to be used.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report