Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANNOTATION WORK in revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Sushobhan12
515 Views, 4 Replies

ANNOTATION WORK in revit

THE ANNOTATION WORK LIKE DIMENSION, TEXT ARRANGMENT, BREAK
LINE ARRANGEMENT OF STRUCTURE IS VERY TIME CONSUMING can anyone guide me easier method 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It's not automated if that's what you are looking for.  Some software (like Tekla) does some pretty crazy automating of details including dimension and tags, but other than that I'm not sure there is a faster way.  I can offer some tips though:

- Use detail components wherever possible since they only require one click (or 2 if it's line-based).

- Use keystroke shortcuts for commands like detail lines, place detail component, copy, move, mirror, and dimension.

- Use symbols for things like weld callouts, elevation datums, etc.

Only thing that I will absolutely agree with you on is that text notes SUCK in revit.  It's probably the top request at everyone's list to get fixed, but my opinion is that no one at Autodesk cares, otherwise they would have fixed it a long time ago when people started asking them to.

Message 3 of 5
gguevarra
in reply to: Sushobhan12

My biggest complaints are that the leader lines are fairly inflexible (I miss the spline ability like in AutoCAD), and I don't like how there are no Snaps to put the leader ends on specific locations.

Message 4 of 5

Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes someone from Autodesk to get onto the Forum and ask US to put these requests in with THEIR development team?

Message 5 of 5

Haha... no takers here. It's their standard issue cookie-cutter response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report