Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytical model edge cannot have a length of zero (0)

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
TOMASZMROZ
16148 Views, 12 Replies

Analytical model edge cannot have a length of zero (0)

Hello

I have problem with my model (Revit 2014) this 'Analytical model edge cannot have a length of zero (0)' error mesage appear when I try to do some amendmends or add new wall/slabs.Can anyone help me with this, please.

Tom

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

You need to expand the dialog and see exactly which elements are being affected.

I suspect you are creating or moving elements to within auto-detect range of the affected elements. (Without knowing the exact situation, I cannot be more specific than that.)

To avoid changes in the Analytical model for these elements, you can change the projection parameters of the analytical elements from “auto-detect” to one of the manual projection methods.

If you are not using the Analytical model, you can also turn off the analytical model for surface (wall and floor) elements.

Joe

Message 3 of 13
Grim-NZ
in reply to: TOMASZMROZ

Hi

I have had this problem recently as well as the Error "Boundary edge line intersect each other. Boundary contour must not be distorted" which meant one of the users of a work shared model could not create or change any structural elements.

The resolution was to find the ID number of the element effected from the error message, then use the select element by ID tool to select and delete the element. Not even sure what the element was as we could not see it even when selected !

Deleting these (had 3 different elements causing the 2 error messages) got rid of the errors....and all was good with the world again !

Grim

Message 4 of 13
mental_midget77
in reply to: Grim-NZ

This worked for me....Thx
Message 5 of 13
subhra_civil

Hi,

I am sending an image file for your help. Please find the attached file.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 6 of 13
DParkRMAK
in reply to: Grim-NZ

I am resurecting this thread because I have had a similar problem recently.

3 times now I have created floors in our model only to have another user run into the zero length errors the next day. He has had to delete floors I have made 3 times now.  I do not get any errors when I create the floors so I don't understand why the error pops up in the next session with another user.

The suspect floors had some curves and odd shaped openings so I divided them up to simplify the boundaries. I also turned off analytical model and room bounding options. It seems to be holding without any errors for now.

Message 7 of 13
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: DParkRMAK

This post is about the problem I'm having but the replies make it sound like the solution is easy. it's not.

The floor slabs just can't be deleted. period.

Any ideas ?

Message 8 of 13
okapawal
in reply to: Basam.Yousif

You don't need to delete structural slabs.  You can modify or switch off an analytical element associated with the structural one.

Follow suggestion from Joe.

First of all you need to find the analytical element with the error.

Expand the warning dialog and see exactly which elements are being affected.

Copy ID number of this element.

Find the element using Select by ID from Manage tab

Once selected, change the projection parameters of the analytical elements from “auto-detect” to one of the manual projection methods.

If you are not using the Analytical model, you can also turn off the analytical model for structural (wall and floor) elements.

See images.

Waldemar Okapa

Sr Product Owner
Message 9 of 13

Thanks "subhra_civil" your image  help me a lot, a very simply way to resolve the problem thank you again.

Message 10 of 13

I had similar problem, except that in my case the problematic elemnent was deleted and cannot be selected. Any ideas?

Message 11 of 13
chrisplyler
in reply to: palazoff

Um... your first image shows the error message with element number 6752999, but your second image shows you are unable to select element number 675299. Do you see the problem? You've left off a nine when you tried to select.

Message 12 of 13
SamHenderson
in reply to: okapawal

Thanks - Great tip
Message 13 of 13
aclothier

Hi Guys,

Alternatively, if you don't want to go through the process of deleting steel work and re-drawing it.

Go Application Menu (Big R) - Options - User Interface - And under Tools and Analyses, Untick all the Analysis buttons under the Main Tab headings.

Works a treat!

Cheers

Alex C
If you don't mind the suggestion, feel free to thumbs up!
Bimed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report