Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting edge of sloping analytical floor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
841 Views, 3 Replies

Adjusting edge of sloping analytical floor

I have a sloping analytical floor and I do not seem to be able to adjust one of its edges. Note that the physical slab edges is aligned with the centerline of the sloping beam, therefore no manual adjustment should be necessary. However, it is not aligned by default, so I am trying to adjust it manually, but to no avail.

See this video: https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/9ba02da8-12fb-4689-951d-ca8f6c5159d4 

I also attached the model.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

The (Analytical auto detect - Horizontal Tolerances) need to be change in the (analytical Model setting) tab in (Structural Settings). 

Then you need to reset the floor analytical model to reread the settings.

Here is a video to better visualize the issue, what is causing it and what the solution is

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/31e4c439-e021-444c-978b-380e7c9bc180

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Alaaeldin - thanks for your suggestions.

I probably do not want to change Horizontal Tolerance, because it is suitable for my model in general, producing desired results in other locations. Additionally, reducing the tolerance addresses only this particular situation. If I reduce the tolerance to 100mm, but there is another similar situation where the beam is offset from the floor by less than 100mm, then the same problem will still occur. I modified the model to illustrate this scenario. I moved the beam such that the offset is 70mm now.

Therefore, I would prefer to adjust it manually. Why was I not able to do so? Is this a bug? If so, has it been logged?

Message 4 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

I understand you need the Tolerance to be 300. I will escalate it to the development team to see how come when we do a manual adjustment the node is snapping far away.

To work around the issue, you need to reset the analytical adjustment of the floor,

then move the analytical line toward the interior of the floor 

then select Projection to project it to the sloped analytical geometry

and you will be able to snap it where you wanted

Here is a video with sound to better visualize the alternative solution

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/ffc23a8b-9285-498f-bcd4-d6680939d754

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report