Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more categories to "Structural usage"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johk02
5420 Views, 4 Replies

Add more categories to "Structural usage"

Hi,
Is it possible to add more categories to "Structural usage" under element
properties. And if it is possible will that category then also be added to
Object Styles under Structural Framing?

Cheers
Jonas
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johk02

Not possible in either case. We'd like to see it too.

R

johk wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to add more categories to "Structural usage" under element
> properties. And if it is possible will that category then also be added to
> Object Styles under Structural Framing?
>
> Cheers
> Jonas
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I feel your pain. I need to be able to modify the single-line display style for different types of beams (steel beams, wood beams, concrete beams) and other custom member displays. I cannot apply custom member styles to various types of framing as they are determined by default from the pre-set types offered. I do not need to use Robot as our office uses other programs for analysis. If the analytical software needs to understand what type of beams exist in a project, I assume this is what "structural usage" refers to, is it that much more difficult to display them uniquely by material as well in single-line structural plans - wood, steel, concrete?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

bog,

have you tried FILTERS?

You can create separate filters for Steel Beams, Wood Beams and Concrete Beams.  Then you can apply different visibilites for each filter.

Message 5 of 5
lobotm

Ideally, we create custom "structural usage" categories in Manage<Object Styles and then are able to access them in the Properties Browser when a structural Framing member is selected.

It feels like someone was working on this and then left for the day and never came back to see this task to completion. 

You can create filters but you can not control the graphics of your structural connections and it can conflict and override other graphics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report