Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
16021 Views, 2 Replies

2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

Why?

I am working in a project that we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. In 2012, I had filters set up to show a piece of the Architectural link (a generic model; elevated seating slabs) would show as solid linework in my sections.

Basically,

• I left the overall Halftone of the link as unchecked. But set the link as an underlay.
  • Then, I set the link to Custom and I took every model element in the Architectural link except Generic Models and set them to halftone.
  • Then created filters to grab the specific generic models I wanted on and turned all the others off.
  • Then I created a view template that I could re-use on other, similar sections.

In 2013, the Underlay feature seems to have an additional "feature" that is unwanted. When I set the Architectural link to Underlay, it does send the file under my structural model, but it also makes the underlay HALFTONE! So, I cannot get that piece of generic model to show solid. Why have the additional Halftone checkbox if the Underlay is going to do that anyway?

I also tried with a new 2013 project template, linking the same Architectural model and cutting the same section. When I set the link to underlay, it turns halftone, too! Also, tried changing from Structural to Coordination with no change.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

UPDATE:
To turn off automatic Halftoning of the Underlay feature, go to
Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Additional Settings pulldown > Halftone / Underlay dialog box
and uncheck the "Apply Halftone" checkbox.
Message 3 of 3
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for posting the solution, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report