Revit Structure

Revit Structure

Distinguished Contributor
lzaras1
Message 1 of 3 (14,949 Views)

2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

14949 Views, 2 Replies
07-20-2012 08:42 AM

Why?

I am working in a project that we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. In 2012, I had filters set up to show a piece of the Architectural link (a generic model; elevated seating slabs) would show as solid linework in my sections.

Basically,

• I left the overall Halftone of the link as unchecked. But set the link as an underlay.
  • Then, I set the link to Custom and I took every model element in the Architectural link except Generic Models and set them to halftone.
  • Then created filters to grab the specific generic models I wanted on and turned all the others off.
  • Then I created a view template that I could re-use on other, similar sections.

In 2013, the Underlay feature seems to have an additional "feature" that is unwanted. When I set the Architectural link to Underlay, it does send the file under my structural model, but it also makes the underlay HALFTONE! So, I cannot get that piece of generic model to show solid. Why have the additional Halftone checkbox if the Underlay is going to do that anyway?

I also tried with a new 2013 project template, linking the same Architectural model and cutting the same section. When I set the link to underlay, it turns halftone, too! Also, tried changing from Structural to Coordination with no change.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Distinguished Contributor
lzaras1
Message 2 of 3 (14,941 Views)

Re: 2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

07-23-2012 08:38 AM in reply to: lzaras1
UPDATE:
To turn off automatic Halftoning of the Underlay feature, go to
Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Additional Settings pulldown > Halftone / Underlay dialog box
and uncheck the "Apply Halftone" checkbox.
Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Employee
Joe.Charpentier
Message 3 of 3 (14,938 Views)

Re: 2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

07-23-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: lzaras1

Thanks for posting the solution, Leanne.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.