Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013: Multi Segment Grids

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lzaras1
1767 Views, 3 Replies

2013: Multi Segment Grids

Anybody used them yet?

I've got a project that we just updated from 2012. I'm trying to replace some of the grid lines with this new "feature." However I'm running into some issues.

Once I place the grid, it seems to lock up. I cannot change the Grid Name, nor can I erase/delete the grid without undoing.

Anybody else have issues?
Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: lzaras1

Leanne, is this a workshared file?

Are the grids being created on a workset that is locked/checked out?

I'm assuming you don't get the same behavior with regular grids.

Joe

Message 3 of 4
lzaras1
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Yes.  This is on a workshared file. I do not have the issue with regular, one-segment grids.  The current workset is Workset1 and I am the only one in the project at the moment.

I tried starting a brand new 2013 project and placed one multi-segment grid and was able to edit the marker.  But once I linked this model into the new model, I was no longer able to edit the bubble.

I also copied that new grid (from the new 2013 project) into my original project, and while I could edit it when I first brought it in, once I tried to create a new one, all editing capabilities were lost again (on both the new and the copied grids.)

ETA:  Hmmm.  I also see (in the newly created 2013 project) where I created the new grid, I can click on it and see "Edit Sketch" on the Modify | Multi-segmented Grid tab.  I don't get that in my upgraded from 2012 project after I try to make a new one.

Message 4 of 4
lzaras1
in reply to: lzaras1

Adding more information to the thread...

I wonder if the issue has anything to do with the fact that I had temporarily hidden a couple other grids in the project.

The project was started in 2012.  A grid in this project (ballpark, to give you an idea of the shape) required two straight segments and one arc.  When I upgraded the project, I hid the three gridlines to draw my new multi-segmented gridlines.  (I tried to use the original grid lines as pick lines for my segments of my multi-segmented grid but kept getting an error about too many loops, or something.) 

When I Reset Temporary Hide/Isolate, the grid lines become available for editing again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report