Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes/No Checkbox

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rconnonringdu
4359 Views, 4 Replies

Yes/No Checkbox

I am trying to create a schedule for motor operated control dampers, where options such as fail position and blade type are either one choice or another. (fail closed or fail open for position, and opposed or parallel for blade type.) I would like the schedule/parameter to function where if fail open was checked, then fail closed would automatically be unchecked. I currently have fail closed as a calculated value with the formula being "not(Fail Open)". This returns either a yes or a no, which is the information I want, but it isn't in the checkbox format. Does anyone know how to make the parameter populate an actual check box with a check for yes and empty for no? Conditional formatting only gives a background color to the cell and won't actually check a box.

Thanks,

Rachel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rconnonringdu

If you have Yes/No parameter included in a Schedule, it will appear as a checkbox in the Schedule View, but if it is controlled by a formula, it will appear as a "Yes" or a "No". That is the issue you are experiencing, right? Well, this may be a moot point because the value will appear as a "Yes" or a "No" on the Schedule Graphics regardless of how it appears in the Schedule View.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
rconnonringdu
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, that was the issue. I didn't realize that in the Schedule Graphics that they all show up as Yes or No anyway.

But if I did want them all to appear as checkboxes on the Schedule View, but still only allow one to be checked, is there a way to do that?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rconnonringdu

I don't believe so. The whole point of the difference is to indicate whether or not the user can manipulate the value. If the formula-driven parameters showed up as a checkbox, clicking on it would do nothing (it won't toggle because the other Yes/No parameter is not driven by this one), and probably confuse people who don't know why that is.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
sbohlman
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I figured a work around to the radio button issue.  Use two parameters, One to display and one to indicate yes or know. The parameter you use to indicate yes/no gets hidden and the parameter to display is a calculated value with an if then statement that if yes displays a dot if no displays a space.  

The formula in your display parameter looks something like this:  if([Yes/NoParameter","●"," ") 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report