Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dliving
154 Views, 1 Reply

Worksharing problem

I am able to create spaces inside of each room, however I am unable to assign the spaces to a zone. I keep getting an error message that says I either "can't edit element" or that I need the owner of the workset to resave the element in his file and relinguish it, then I need to reload latest. Is there a problem with my local file or is there a problem in the workflow?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.
Doug
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: dliving

Can you check the details of the error to determine what element you need ownership of?

First things first, you should NOT be making an entire Workset Editable ("Checking it out" in layman's terms). Element borrowing is the best practice for managing worksharing in Revit.

Second, it sounds like you need to have another user relinquish their elements to central. Then you can get access by Reloading Latest and placing the Zones as needed. Element borrowing will take care of element ownership in the background as you place your Zones.

Hope that Helps,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report