Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rconnonringdu
325 Views, 1 Reply

Worksharing Error

I am having a problem with Revit MEP 2013 ONLY. I can use all other Autodesk applications and have no issues. When I go to open a local copy, detach from central, the file will load almost all of the way and then every time it loads a linked file, an error will come up that says "Worksharing enabled" and then says something to the effect of in to freely make changes in viewer mode, click "detach from central". This has happened even when I go to detach from central. Other times Revit will simply not open the file but give me the option to either enter viewer mode or exit Revit. The application is looking to the correct server. We have uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired, and nothing has worked. I have been able to use my user account on other workstations in the office with no problems and no one else seems to be having a problem like this. Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any idea how to solve it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rconnonringdu

If you are trying to create a Local File, DO NOT select 'Detach from Central'! That option opens the Project as a completely separate file with absolutely no association with the original Project. When you are in the Open dialog and selecting the Central File to open, there is a checkbox at the bottom ("Create New Local") that is automatically checked. Leave it and open the file to create a Local File.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report