Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Undone After Syncing with Central File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
m.j.ferra
741 Views, 4 Replies

Work Undone After Syncing with Central File

My project team has run into a rather annoying problem.  Sometimes after sycning with the central file, we find that some of our work is undone (i.e. sprinklers and pipe shift back to their former positions).

Is there a cause for this?  Could having duplicate mark values cause this?  Users working on the same workset?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
thombrady
in reply to: m.j.ferra

It could be, if you did not check out worksets you are not able to modify anything. It will usually tell you though. Are you getting any warning messages?

Message 3 of 5
asommer

This tends to happen to us when many people are working on the project at once.

You do not have to "Check Out" a workset to do work, Revit automatically 'Borrows" the object for you.

However, I think the cause of this issue is two or more people modifying or borrowing objects on the same workset.  It does not happen to us often, but it does.  Make sure everyone Syncronizes with Central often, and also Relinquish.

Message 4 of 5
m.j.ferra
in reply to: asommer

Yeah, our office tends to take the "borrow, don't own" approach to worksharing.  As far as I know, people weren't working on the same elements, but in different areas of the workset.  I think somehow an older version of the elements was uploaded to the central file, which then propogated to the other local files.  We had one of our guys stop doing "Reload Latest", and that seems to have resolved the issue (for now).

Message 5 of 5
asommer

Oh, I forgot... Make sure everyone is on the same "Build" (Service Pack).  One of our people were not up-to-date, and it caused all kinds of issues, such as this one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report