Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire tick marks and arrowheads

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RevitGarage
3244 Views, 3 Replies

Wire tick marks and arrowheads

First, let me preface this by letting you know that I primarily work on the mechanical side of things. However, I'm starting to dabble in the electrical side and have a couple of questions.

What, if anything, determines what "direction" wire tick marks face? I know wiring isn't really directional like a pipe flow arrow, but our standard (in AutoCAD) is to "point' them towards the homerun. I was playing around wiring up some receptacles (in Revit MEP 2009) and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which direction they were automatically placed. It seems like the tick marks on the homeruns always point in the right direction, but the others on the curcuit don't.

Also, why do circuits with 3-hot wires only show one homerun arrow?

(See attached image)

Thanks. Edited by: revitgarage on Sep 24, 2009 9:26 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RevitGarage

Is not that frustating??? It took me a while to realize what command the tick marks direction.
Answer - the direction you place your homerun. Meaning: you have to draw your homerun like you are connecting from the panel to your electrical equipment. Got it? If you draw it from your equipment to the panel direction, it will not show the "hot ticks" facing the panel. It is so stupid, but it is true!!!
Now the ohter part, i really do not know. Do you mean when the equipment has 3 poles, right? yeah. i do not worry that much about it, once you tag the conduit and it show 3 circuits.
Have a great day!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Ok, sorry for my spelling : I mean: Frustrating!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for that!
Message 4 of 4
RevitGarage

Ok, after more experimentation, here is what I found. In order for the tick marks to point in the correct direction, I have to manually draw the each wire starting at the panel and ending with the farethest/last receptacle. If I use the auto wiring, there is no rhyme or reason as to how the tick marks are rotated.

Do any of you even show tick marks because if this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report