Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Linetype

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
desantis15
1203 Views, 1 Reply

Wire Linetype

Has anyone created or know if Autodesk has developed a Wire Linetype that isn't a solid line? I'm looking for a line type that includes X's like this:

----x----x----x----x----x---

My company and I'm sure many others use this linetype for showing wiring between devices in hung ceilings (mainly for BX or MC Cable). It has to be a used as an arc, spline or chamfer. This has to be a major wishlist item for electrical, right?

Thank you,

Damien

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.jw
in reply to: desantis15

There is currently no way to use text objects in Line Styles. Like you can in AutoCAD.

You can, however, create a Filter that will look for a Type Mark value matching your wire's properties (or a custom parameter, it's up to you).

Then, apply the filter to your view/view template, and now you can override the default wire style (under Projection/Surface - Lines - Pattern).

Our "normal" wires are continuous. Our "underground" wires use the "Dash" pattern. And our low voltage control wiring for occupancy sensors or photocells uses a "Dash Dot" pattern. Etc. etc.

Depending on your experience level in Revit, you will no doubt find many examples where it is much better to adapt company standards to the way Revit does things vs. spinning your wheels and pulling your hair out to bend Revit to do it "the way we've always done it."

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report