Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire display

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rvetrano
741 Views, 4 Replies

wire display

Hi

I want wire to display as shown in attachment, or simular. I'm trying to create a schematic drawing.

Thanks

Bob V

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
parveen.revit
in reply to: rvetrano

you can create this very easily in Revit...

What is your question...

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 5
rvetrano

In MEP 2009 you could create wire display automatically. You would select the curiut then select the Create Display button.  I can't find a selection anywhere. In MEP 2011 from what I understand you now have to do it manually. Is this correct?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

There are two ways to create permanent wiring when you have the circuit selected as you describe:

1. There are two buttons in the Ribbon under the section "Convert to Wire", which is under the "Modify | Electrical Circuits" contextual tab.

RibbonCreateWire.JPG

Note: This is an image of the Revit MEP 2012 ribbon, but the Convert to Wire buttons are the same in Revit MEP 2011.

2. There are two small icons that appear as per the image below; one creates chamfered wire and the other creates arc wire.

Convert to Wire.JPG

It is a relatively common problem for the wire tick marks to be missing as well. If this is the case, just reply back...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
rvetrano
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks.

I had tried that once and it didn't work. My project must have been corrutpedor I was doing something wrong. It worked this time.

Again  thank you

Bob v

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report