Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire breaking over detail lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tsk001
2206 Views, 4 Replies

Wire breaking over detail lines

When I manually put wires on my plans, they gap when they cross over detail lines from the background. It is usually casework, furniture, etc. that the Architect has made with detail lines. How do I get this to stop?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tsk001

I do not believe that there is any direct way to stop without either disable the wire gaps entirely or by not showing the architect's Detail Lines. MEP Models are commonly created as separate Revit Project Files with the Architectural file Linked, which would also evade this issue.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
adam.jw

Check the following:

1. Is the architectual elements modeled in the same file, or it linked in? If linked in, make sure that the Revit link is set to "Underlay" in visibility graphics.

2. Is the view you're drawing your wires in an "Electrical" discipline view or is it "Coordination"? Make sure it's "Electrical"

3. If it's ALL in the same model... well... not sure if I can help you there since I have no experience modeling MEP elements side-by-side with Architectual elements 🙂

in reply to: adam.jw

1. Revit link is set to underlay.

2. Wires are drawn in Electrical disipline.

This is baffleing me. All my lighting sheets look great, the lines do not break when they cross an architectural detail line.

It is only on my electrical sheets. It has to be a setting that differs between my lighting and electrical templates.

Message 5 of 5
tsk001

I think I found a solution:

In the Electrical Settings under Hidden Lines - uncheck draw MEP hidden lines and change line style to thin lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report