Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Revit MEP is exporting hidden worksets to Navis NWC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KevinMurtha
688 Views, 2 Replies

Why is Revit MEP is exporting hidden worksets to Navis NWC

I have a revit model that i am exporting to Navis NWC (via the Add-Inn) that for some reason is now exporting worksets that are hidden in the view. 

have checked and double checked the view properties with no luck

Can anyone give me even a crumb of re-directionto sort this issue

I am using Revit MEP 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
scott.a.green
in reply to: KevinMurtha

You can refer to this Revit blog post:

http://beyonddesign.typepad.com/posts/2012/01/cleaning-up-revit-files-for-export-to-navisworks.html

This forum thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Navisworks-General-Discussion/Revit-worksets-export-to-Navisworks-to-b...

It is correct that Navisworks should not import any worksets from Revit that have been hidden or turned off. Could you describe your workflow when exporting to Navisworks using the extension and what you are doing when you load into Navisworks? 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 3
KevinMurtha
in reply to: scott.a.green

Neither the blog or the forum post provided any additional information that we hadn’t already found. we have however discovered a workaround.

We are using…

Revit MEP 2013

Navis Simulate 2015

Workflow…

Our Revit services model that has two 3rd party Revit models linked in. One for the architectural elements and one for the structural elements. Each linked Revit model on its own workset.

In addition to the above, we have a 3rd party 3D model created in AutoCAD MEP residing on its own workset.

We also have numerous Pipe Systems created in our services model, all have their own worksets as some of these pipe systems refer to pipework that is existing and will be stripped out of the building, these worksets don’t get exported when we create our `Proposed’ Navis model.

Problem…

When exporting to NWC via the Revit Add-In, we get an NWC file that has the 2 linked Revit models but NOT the linked MEP model. we also have worksets visible that are actually shown as hidden in our Revit `3D Navis export view’.

Workaround…

If we UN-TICK the `Convert Linked Files’ option in the `Navisworks Options Editor’ the resulting NWC file is that we DONT get the two linked Revit files but we DO get the linked MEP model and all our workset visibility is retained from the original Revit view settings.

We have now created separate NWC files for the Architectural and Structural elements and merge these into our NWF services model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report