Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my electrical ltg fixture elevation grayed out?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3026 Views, 6 Replies

Why is my electrical ltg fixture elevation grayed out?

I checked the Element Properties and it is grayed out. I need to change it to a higher mounting height.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bcaudill
in reply to: Anonymous

Try changing the elevation parameter to an instance parameter in the family.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

How do you find the dialogue box to change the elevation parameter to instance?

I also noticed that some ltg fixture has an "Offset" parameter and some are not. See attached. Right now the only way I can change the mounting height of the lights is by changing the offset. As you see the elevation is grayed out.
On the other hand if I click on "edit/new", I can change the elevation default - but what i need is fixture to fixture basis.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry, here is the attachment for the previous reply. Edited by: auto99 on Aug 6, 2009 4:56 PM
Message 5 of 7
bcaudill

If you go to the Light family, and click on family types, you will see the parameter. It seems the out of box ADESK content won't let you modify this parameter. So you could re-create it and make it an instance.

Keep in mind, when your using ADESK content, it's meant to be generic and not specific. A lot of the times, I will create variations of families to load into a project if it's something I'm going to use often on the job. Edit the default elevation within the family under a "new" type to have it at your disposal.

HTH,

~BMC
Message 6 of 7
bcaudill

And just so you're aware (looking at your screen capture), the reason that Elevation is grayed out if because it's reading the height of your ceiling. So the only way to now change that (if for some reason you needed to), you would then need to offset from the ceiling height.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you. You have been very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report