Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I manually edit the number of tick marks?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
778 Views, 3 Replies

Why can't I manually edit the number of tick marks?

I am trying to add wiring to my model. I am going from the panel back to the last receptacle to create the homerun. However the tick marks are showing the incorrect amount of neutral and ground. But it will not let me edit the amount of tick marks. I have tried changing the setting off of calculated to just "on" but no luck. Why can't I manually edit the number of tick marks?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Littlebluedog
in reply to: Anonymous

On a plan showing the wiring, you can select the wire and a +/- symbol should appear.  This allows you to add conductors.  You can also modify the number of conductors, grounds or nuetrals in the properties box.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff
Message 3 of 4
governorbob
in reply to: Littlebluedog

I believe the situation Turner refers to is when you can not edit conductor #'s in properties box; neither can you use add/minus symbols onscreen.  I am having the same issue.  What's confusing to me is other homeruns in the plan are fully editable (as you describe).  I'm convinced it must have something to do with the electrical connector's properties within the family... but have no idea which.  (See attached file for what my "properties palette" looks like)

Any insights here would be helpful.  I'll post if I figure it out.  Thanks!

~ Frequent user of Autocad 2019, Autocad 2012 LT, Revit
Message 4 of 4
jmlarias
in reply to: governorbob

Is it normal that your wire has 3 different circuits. I'm almost sure that is where your problems are rooting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report