Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which family template to use for creating a VCD (Volume Control Damper)?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BalajiHTI
2003 Views, 3 Replies

Which family template to use for creating a VCD (Volume Control Damper)?

Hello All,

I need to create a VCD which comes in between a Duct face and a Supply/Return Air Grill. Which template is suitable for this and after creating the family, which category should I choose? Like Air Terminal or Mechanical Equipment?

VCD Family Template

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: BalajiHTI

If it is part of the duct system the most common category would be a duct accessory.

Please note that Revit has several dampers available in its libraries under Duct\Accessories\Dampers.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
BalajiHTI
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks a lot EnlInt!

Also I tried to place the three (Air Terminal, Damper, Duct )in a project. But the result is not desirable.

Is such a connection possible as shown below? Can you please help me which elements I have to choose for them? I have complete UK and US Libraries.

VCD Placement

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: BalajiHTI

It depends on what your definiton is of desirable. The fitting is a typical shoe branch which can be found in the libraries under fittings.

The grilles can be found in the libraries under Mechanical\MEP\Air-Side Components\Air Terminals

Then it is possible to create something like this

Duct.png

It is always good to check with manufacturers if the solution you have thought of is a possbile solution.

Also seek.autodesk.com is a good source for finding solutions

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report