Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel zoom in 3D views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
261 Views, 3 Replies

Wheel zoom in 3D views

Hi there. I've been working with Revit MEP 2008 (build 20070324_1700) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, running Win XP, with a Logitech cordless optical mouse. When I use the mouse wheel in 3D views, it zooms in & out (acting normally) but after some time, as use the wheel, it starts to scroll up & down, just as if I pressed Shift while turning the wheel (funny enough, it actually zooms in as it "jumps" up & down!!). I must exit Revit and start again to get the normal zoom procedure - until it does it again... In every other view - plans, elevations, etc - it zooms in & out as expected, it only happens in 3D views. Something with my mouse driver (no problem with AutoCAD, for example), or it has to do with Revit itself? Has someone else had this strange experience? Thanks in advance for any thoughts about this.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have been experiencing the same problem. Mainly in 3D views, but it has happened a few times in plan views. I've found that you don't have to exit the program completely to fix this, just switch to a different view (where the problem isn't happening) and use Window > Close Hidden Windows. Re-open the problem view after that and it should be fine.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for your help. Just by closing the problematic view and opening it again, solves the problem. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
nhuestis

Has anyone experienced this lately? I am having this problem with Revit MEP 2010. Any solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report