Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what makes diffusers mountable to ducwork

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
450 Views, 3 Replies

what makes diffusers mountable to ducwork

What makes diffusers mountable to ducwork? Ive noticed that not all diffusere give you the option to mount to ductwork, and Ive even opened up some duct mountable diffusers to see if I can find what makes the golden egg, but I came up empty handed 😕 is there some kind of key command in the project itself? some type of toggle that I can turn on/off? How do I make a duct mountable diffuser from scratch? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
daleg77
in reply to: revitworkbench

If a diffusers family category is set to 'Air Terminal' it should give you the option to mount directly to ductwork when you try to insert the family.

I have been using the 'Supply Grille - Single Deflection - Rectangular Face - Rectangular Neck' family OOTB and modify the 'Grille Height' parameter to something small so it looks ok in plan as well as 3D views as attached. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: revitworkbench

I do belive it has something to do with the hosting properties of the grille/diffuser.  If the grille or diffuser in question needs a hosting element you cant attach it to duct work.  IF it doesnt need a host then your are able to click the attach to duct and place it right on the duct work.

Message 4 of 4
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

If the diffuser is "face hosted", you can host it to the duct, but it will not send its flow value to the duct because it is not "Connected".  This is a downfall to revit that I have not seen a solution to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report