Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Fittings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
smc
Explorer
1968 Views, 4 Replies

Weld Fittings

New to the board.  Hello everyone.  Went from pencil and T-square right to Revit MEP. I'm sure you guys have covered it, but has anyone built out a realistic weld fitting library (Sch. 40  CS)?  Sure would be of great use without having to buy add-ons?

Any help would be greatly aprreciated.

Bill R.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: smc

Hi Bill, welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Whever you are in need of Revit Families, I would suggest checking if a manufacturer has them for download on their website or searching Autodesk Seek.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
smc
Explorer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Thanks and I have been checking Autodesk.  I even reached out to Weldbend who suggested to me they are at least a year out from publishing a library.   I guess I will learn how to build one myself.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

Another possible place to look would be Revit City, but I don't believe that one is free. If you have to dive in and learn how to create Families in Revit, make sure you understand as much as you can about the program (follow the basic Revit Tutorials) and then branch out to more specific tasks such as Family Creation (YouTube is a good source of Tutorials). Knowing how to create Revit Families is a very useful skill to possess!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Chris.Aquino

If you have not already, I would review the MEP Families Guide. The following page has more information:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/documentation/RVTMPJ/2011/ENU/filesUsersGuide/WS1a9...

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report