Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayward Flange!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
stevenson53
381 Views, 6 Replies

Wayward Flange!

Hi There,

I have a flange that will not resize automatically or rotate properly when I place it on the end of a pipe.  It also doen't want to be placed in the middle of a pipe either. Has any got any thoughts please?  See attached.  The flange on the left is how it looks once I have fiddled with it and the one on the right is how the flange actually looks when it is placed on the end of the pipes. 

Thanks

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bvm76
in reply to: stevenson53

I tried the family and it connects and resized automatically when inserted at the end of the pipe.

Change Part Type to Union so it can be inserted in the middle of the pipe.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 3 of 7
stevenson53
in reply to: bvm76

Thanks and yes I can in fact get the flange to drop into a pipe length but the socket doesn't resize for me there or when placed on the end of the pipe.  The flange resizes OK though just not the socket.

Can you please walk me though the change to the part type, sorry I'm still new to this.

Thanks

Paul 

Message 4 of 7
stevenson53
in reply to: bvm76

Ok, I got the part changed to union and it didn't change anything for me. I tried a couple of other types and Wye works when the flange is placed in the middle of the pipe but not the ends.  Type Transitioin seemed to work for both though.  I don't understand 😞

Message 5 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: stevenson53

No access to Revit at the moment, but maybe some tips. Check OOTB revit families. I know that some libraires have families with flanges (see how they behave and are constructed). If you can not find them in you library use the seek website.

I know that you can set Flange as part type of the family. Further I would look at the origin of the family as this is how it will be inserted in the project.

Also look at your connectors. The primary connector, which you can assign, is the first connection point used in the project.

You can see which connector is the primary inside the family because it is the one with the cross in it (only one primary possible).

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 7
stevenson53
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks but that lot is way over my capabilities at the moment!  These are the specific fittings that I want to use as they related exactly to what I do so I don't want to go trying other fittings.  I have a full range of fittings for what I do but just this one is a problem.  Do you think it's something in the way the fitting has been put together or categorised or just the setting on the drawing I am doing?

Here are two fittings, one works great and the flange one doesn't.

Thanks

Paul 

Message 7 of 7
stevenson53
in reply to: L.Maas

I worked it out! 

The Part type was set as a flange and when I changed it to a Cross, it worked fine.

I have no idea why it doesn't work as a flange but works as a Cross as that makes no sense to me.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report