Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watts Per Square Foot - Working in specific instances

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bcaudill
2136 Views, 7 Replies

Watts Per Square Foot - Working in specific instances

I have a simple Watts/sq ft schedule in REVIT that I can't get to work in a certain project. It's literally just adding the Actual Lighting Load Per Area parameter from a SPACE schedule.

Everything to the eye seems to be the same in both projects. What am I missing on this one project that isn't allowing it to fire?

It has spaces defined. The lights are programmed the same.

Thoughts?

~BMC

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bcaudill

The cause may be that Load Calculations have not been activated for the project. Go to Electrical Settings » Load Calculations and make sure that the box is checked for 'Run calculations for loads in spaces'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
bcaudill
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It's checked.

I did notice that VOLUME isn't being calculated for the space. I'm curious if that could be hindering the calc.

~BMC

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

Disabling Volume calcs did not affect my schedule. So ALL of your spaces are coming up with a value of 0 W/ft²? Cut a Section and verify that the fixtures are not somehow above and outside of the Space.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
bcaudill

Tried all that too. I programmed the space to extend to the level above.

It's odd that it's working in a little test project that I threw together for training, but isn't working in a project that actual architects set up the model. I would assume as an engineer, my model should be the incorrect one 🙂

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

So, no matter what fixture is used, for every Space, you are getting 0?

If you draw a separate Space (isolated Space Separators) off to the side and place some lights in that, does it still read 0?

Message 7 of 8
bcaudill

I can try your second idea.

To your first question, I actually took the fixtures out of the one that is working and placed them in the project that was not and it did nothing.

Message 8 of 8
bcaudill

Problem solved.

The connector in the fixture was set to OTHER and not LIGHTING. Once switched, the calcs worked.

Thanks for your help.

~BMC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report