Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume of Mechanical Ducts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CADArmor
1328 Views, 2 Replies

Volume of Mechanical Ducts

Is there a way other than manual calculations to calculate the volume of mechanical ducts in REVIT MEP 2012?

Picture attached shows a duct system highlighted in yellow. I need to calculate the entire volume of that duct system. Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CADArmor

I would image that you could create a Duct Schedule sorted by their individual size Parameters (i.e. Height, Length, Diameter) and create a Calculated Value to total up the volume. In fact, I believe that there is already an "Area" parameter that may of some use. For each type of Duct (Rectangular, Round, Oval) you would need a separate Calculated Value or perhaps a Separate Schedule to keep it cleaner. I don't think that this would account for Duct Fittings, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
asommer
in reply to: CADArmor

The area that Revit gives in the schedule is Sheetmetal area.  It's kinda odd that volume isn't here for ducts.  You would have to do Height * Width * Length for Rect duct, and the other thing for Round.  You can sort the schedule by system name, set up the calculated values to calc the Volume of each duct, and set the "Volume" to calculate totals in the formatting tab.  It is a lot to do, but I had done this to calculate total duct weight on a project.

Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report