Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual style hidden showing Wrong (inverted) Revit 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
DAVIDCLARK2244
1197 Views, 11 Replies

Visual style hidden showing Wrong (inverted) Revit 2013

Hi All

Any idea why all my services that are lower than other services are shown above in hidden plan view?

All services shown in blue should be the other way round.

Thanks for any help.

services.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: DAVIDCLARK2244

Under the View's Properties, check the parameters for "Underlay" and "Underlay Orientation". And are any of those elements from a lined Revit file?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
gookeeper
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi thanks for the reply, (Im the same person as above just different account)

I've looked under these parameters, as this is the first floor, i have first floor as underlay, and reflected ceiling plan for underlay orientation. All the services shown in the image are from the first floor and viewing correctly apart from when they cross over each other.

Whats a lined revit file?

Cheers

Guy

Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gookeeper

Set orientation to "Plan" and see if that corrects the problem. And a "lined" Revit file is just a "linked" Revit file without the "k". Sorry, typo. The reason I asked that was because linked files an be set to "Underlay" and may also create such an appearance.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
gookeeper

I've changed to plan and nothing has changed. Regards linked files the only linked file is the architect building; all the services are in this one model. I can't think of anything it can be but a bug or something, I did start this model in 2012, so wander if it has anything to do with that, or 2013 isn't quite ready yet.
Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

I don't think that the differing versions has an impact here. Can you cut a Section to show the heights and then post an image of the View's Properties palette?

Message 7 of 12
gookeeper

As you can see the green rectangles are radiant panels at ceiling level, the tray is above, the tray going over tray is showing wrong in plan, the tray is going under ductwork but in plan this shows going over. this is happening through out the model on all plan views.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Message 8 of 12
CoreyDaun

It appears as if the View is a Reflected Ceiling Plan and not a Floor Plan. If you go to the View and click Edit Type (at the top of the Properties Palette), does "Family:" at the top read "System Family: Floor Plan" or "System Family: Ceiling Plan"?

Message 9 of 12
gookeeper

It Says "System Family: Ceiling Plan"

Should i not use the ceiling plan when i create a new plan view?

It won't let me change it though.

Message 10 of 12
CoreyDaun

Correct, you cannot change it and you'll have to create new Floor Plans. The difference between a Floor Plan and a Ceiling Plan is the direction in which the View is "looking". A Floor Plan looks down at the floor while a Ceiling Plan looks UP at the ceiling, hence, the 'cross-overs' are inverted in your Views because your looking at it from below.

Message 11 of 12
gookeeper

Thanks for you time solving this CADastrophe, Much Appreciated!  I'll recreate the views its not an issue.

I Learn something new everday. even though i'd expect the ceiling plan to view the same way, for drawing layout purposes.

Cheers

Guy

Message 12 of 12
achang84

yes, its a REFLECTED ceiling plan. this also unfortunatelly affects what is clickable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report